IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Universal audio
Thread: Universal audio
View Single Post
Old 16-07-2017, 06:21 PM   #13
Lotus_Jewel
Radial Developer
Lotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond reputeLotus_Jewel has a reputation beyond repute
Earth
MC Status: 2810
Re: Universal audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by relic View Post
I've only briefly played with UAD at the home of an aquantence a few times. The stuff sounded good, undoubtedly. But none of the plug ins she owned neccisarily sounded better than the higher quality stuff I've aquired over the last two years.

I've been using U-he Satin and Presswerk for quite a while--if you want tape color or a compressor than can do vintage emulations I'd say these are both well worth your money. And I can run 8-10 instances total of the two VSTs w/o getting into drop out territory.

Also Satin is a very good sounding tape delay. Depending on what FXs you are looking for from UAD ask around about other options first. Waves has stupid good sales constantly and now with their cloud system you don't even need an iLok (fuck that dongle noise)
Thanks for your input. After some more research and talking with the local studio Ive decided to get them... but not just yet... first is the midi controller for the ssl mixer and the remaining 703 I need to get MY studio finished, then I can start my recent projects final processing...

After talking with Rick, the studio owner, he informed me, yes, UA did change their program from uad 1 to uad 2, and yes the support stopped, but that doesnt mean the devices cannot be used... as the few posts I read insinuated. Im okay with loosing the updated versions as long as the previous still work with my OS which I will never update... at least not on my DAW machine.

Im sure there are many plugins that work better or as good, but manley, shadow hills, pul-tec... I want the hardware replication being i cannot afford the hardware.
Lotus_Jewel is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote