IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Universal audio
Thread: Universal audio
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 01:34 AM   #12
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8542180
Thanked 7,025 Times in 4,990 Posts
Re: Universal audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus_Jewel View Post
yea not really sure yet... i got plenty of time to research and find out though before I have the cash in hand but its coming... I may still get the plugins, but if uad 3 is coming soon or idk wtf how they do... lol maybe i wait for the new upgraded stuffs first... and get other stuff now... shit happens.
I've only briefly played with UAD at the home of an aquantence a few times. The stuff sounded good, undoubtedly. But none of the plug ins she owned neccisarily sounded better than the higher quality stuff I've aquired over the last two years.

I've been using U-he Satin and Presswerk for quite a while--if you want tape color or a compressor than can do vintage emulations I'd say these are both well worth your money. And I can run 8-10 instances total of the two VSTs w/o getting into drop out territory.

Also Satin is a very good sounding tape delay. Depending on what FXs you are looking for from UAD ask around about other options first. Waves has stupid good sales constantly and now with their cloud system you don't even need an iLok (fuck that dongle noise)

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to relic
Lotus_Jewel (16-07-2017)