IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Do you get stuck on a song often and how many unfinished tracks do you have?
View Single Post
Old 19-06-2016, 02:27 AM   #42
Dark Opera
Minor Glitch
Dark Opera is a glorious beacon of lightDark Opera is a glorious beacon of lightDark Opera is a glorious beacon of lightDark Opera is a glorious beacon of lightDark Opera is a glorious beacon of light
London
MC Status: 460
Re: Do you get stuck on a song often and how many unfinished tracks do you have?

I understand that. I guess that's different for everyone. I had years of intense production, and years of silence. Making a living as an audio/visual artist also taught me, the hard way, how to manage my creative juices when it's for a client and when it's for me.
I found high expectations and lack of focus the main reasons of blocks and insecurities. I analysed myself when under delivery pressure and when instead it was a personal project: huge difference. Paradoxically when it was for someone else, i was always hitting the spot. When it was for me, i always felt i had to create "that masterpiece i always wanted to compose", which led to several unfinished tracks. So now it's time to take care of all those unfinished projects.
In the end the same sensitivity that leads one to make music, is the same that can stop him, for whatever reason. We are artist for a reason, in the good, in the bad.

Last edited by Dark Opera; 24-06-2016 at 12:05 PM..
Dark Opera is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote