IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Do you get stuck on a song often and how many unfinished tracks do you have?
View Single Post
Old 18-06-2016, 05:59 PM   #41
Kaede
Imperator Furiosa
Kaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MCKaede is a savage MC
MC Status: 52987903
Thanked 1,115 Times in 647 Posts
Re: Do you get stuck on a song often and how many unfinished tracks do you have?

Yes, but if I get stuck on a song these days I just switch my studio off and do something else, because I used to have a hard drive filled with songs I was never going to finish and frankly it was depressing. I always try and finish what I start now, even if that means I don't go anywhere near my studio for 18 months.

It's easy to fall into a trap of thinking that you should be writing music everyday, finishing a track a week etc, but if you do that and you're heads in the wrong space it will turn something you enjoy into a chore. It's okay to let your creativity lay fallow for a while.

I also think it's been easier for me to do this once I reached a certain level of technical proficiency.

Advertisements

Kaede is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to Kaede
Kyrpto (11-07-2016)