IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - IDMf members interview thread
View Single Post
Old 19-05-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
scyn
scyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MCscyn is a savage MC
/\/ŻŻŻŻŻ\/\
MC Status: 389883056
Thanked 3,291 Times in 2,080 Posts
Re: IDMf members interview thread

What I also quite like on another forum is they have a guest artist (in this case we'd have an IDMF forum member) and everyone gets to ask questions about their production, workflow etc. After about 3 pages the thread gets closed and that's it. Builds up a nice archive of experience that people can tap into. But however it's done - I think it's a good idea, and would also prefer to see it in a written format. By writing it also allows for the answers to be a more thought out.

And yeah I get what you're saying about the interview accompanying a release of sorts. It's cool to listen to an album and then find out what went into it. Again - this is where opening the floor to IDMF members for questions allows people to satisfy their curiosity rather than hoping the interviewer asks that specific question.
scyn is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote