IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Indiescover
Thread: Indiescover
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2017, 07:16 PM   #3
A.M
IDMf SupporterIDMf Artist
A.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MCA.M is a savage MC
MC Status: 190160
Thanked 3,803 Times in 2,831 Posts
Re: Indiescover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_ View Post
stream where? on their own website? sounds like an another "i follow you, you follow me" and people pretending they like each other's music.

in comparison with bandcamp: bandcamp has free uploads, well-functioning discover/tags system... This is where you want to go to discover new music, imo. Don't care about separate songs, that's what soundcloud is for and this doesn't seem like a cool alternative to it.

Yeah..that was exactly my reaction, too..just how is it supposed to top BC from an artist's standpoint? It just seems you will end up out of pocket eventually. Now if they let you upload for free, with no monthly charge, then that would be something..but this just makes it seem like they stand to make most profit in the long-run, despite all their talk about being fair and transparent and there for the artists.

Regarding the streaming thing, they have an app you can download, so it looks like they're aiming at a lot of the Spotify/SC/HT market in general..as well as young bedroom producers and unsigned bands.

------------------
A.M is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote
Thanks to A.M
ms_ (02-11-2017)