IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - What do you think of Caustic-Industrial Music
View Single Post
Old 18-12-2015, 01:40 AM   #8
MikeyOSB
Sample Destroyer
MikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond reputeMikeyOSB has a reputation beyond repute
Armpit of the North
MC Status: 2610
Re: What do you think of Caustic-Industrial Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmills View Post
I really enjoyed it. I have no knowledge of industrial music (here to snoop around).

I listened to the video you posted (facist show).
For me it elicits visuals of peeling layers of machinic sound.
Just an opinion but the synths at the beginning didn't work as well as what came afterwards.
The lines that they were playing were too melodic, but maybe that's the contrast the artist wants to highlight.
I'm glad you are enjoying yourself. Industrial (which is actually mostly post industrial) can vary from being even somewhat beautiful sounding to being pretty close to just plain noise.

You might like the synthpop and new wave thread too, if you haven't taken a look at that.

------------------
MikeyOSB is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote