IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Selling your music.
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 01:27 PM   #13
FunkMasterBrown
IDMf Artist
FunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MCFunkMasterBrown is a savage MC
King's Head function room
MC Status: 222282984
Thanked 2,636 Times in 1,756 Posts
Re: Selling your music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lw_pss View Post
If it's going to be your first album ever, forget about selling it. I sure haven't heard it yet but it's 99.9% chance that no one will buy it and therefore listen it. Make it free aka "name your price" on Bandcamp, share it on torrents. At least people will be grateful if it came out good.
yeah id just forget about selling it in general tbh. Networking and social media and getting involved and internet 'promoing' imo is a massive waste of time too. I did it for a few years and now I'm sick of what I built. If you get somewhere with it its hard to let it go and it stifles your own creative freedom. Just make tunes if you like it thats the only way to go about it imo and I'm trying hard to follow that. Bear in mind I did a degree in creative music production and have debt from it my feeling towards the end is that I'm a dick if I dont try and make it my job or whatever but fuck that

------------------
FunkMasterBrown is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote