IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Sources of Inspiration
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2017, 03:43 PM   #19
relic
IDMf SupporterModerator
relic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MCrelic is a savage MC
The AK Rowdy Rowdy
MC Status: 8540830
Thanked 6,998 Times in 4,973 Posts
Re: Sources of Inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpgerpwalrus View Post
I agree with Rvrsal, I power through it. For me to take a break from producing can mean loss of inspiration even further. I feel like even sitting down with a new project a day, and writing maybe a different chorus or a verse part can be really invigorating, and then when you're out of your rut you might have 2 or 3 solid ideas you can return to later.

Edit: Also personally drinking whiskey helps the flow of writing for me (and probably make much worse EQ decisions) but it's a trade off I suppose, whatevz.
I think a moderate amount of mental lubrication for the creative part of the process can be a good thing--especially something that lowers your inhibitions. I'm surprised how caught up I get in what other people will think of something I've literally not even created yet--I know that is the point and that audience awareness is important, but one of the most important things I've learned is to never throw out the "crazy" ideas. If you think to yourself, "...people are going to think I'm nuts for doing things this way/writing this song." That is probably the keeper, everything else are easy first thoughts.

Allow yourself creative time and energy to make mistakes and write shit tunes. It *feels* like all your favorite artists do it effortfless because we only get their polished finished projects. I'm pretty sure most of the "pros" have to dig all the easy/garbage ideas out of their brains before they get to those "ah ha" moments.

------------------
relic is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote