IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com - View Single Post - Depeche Mode / Nine Inch Nails which do you prefer and why?
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #11
vx cheerleader
Microknight
vx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MCvx cheerleader is a savage MC
MC Status: 39034
Re: Depeche Mode / Nine Inch Nails which do you prefer and why?

Who cares about objectivity ? I'm saying in my own view of things (and I'm pretty sure I'm not alone), NIN and DM are just so totally different they can't be compared, because, well, it's not the same thing. I have a lot of opinions on both bands, and on how they can't be compared (different use of guitars, different use of synths, different lyrics, different vocal style, and on, and on, and on, and on...)

But to be honest, I do prefer NIN, on a purely subjective basis. Probably because I like harsh, fast, violent stuff, in general - qualities which are quite generally absent in Depeche Mode. But saying I prefer one band because it belongs to one genre I prefer, over another genre is just like saying, well, I prefer apple over oranges.

------------------
vx cheerleader is offline   Thanks Reply With Quote