IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Listening Booth (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   [Minimal] - Crimson Joy - The Pain of Knowing (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=146503)

LiHiN-010 08-03-2017 12:08 AM

[Minimal] - Crimson Joy - The Pain of Knowing

I wanted to create an atmosphere of both doom and hope, and comments or opinions are welcome.

Artificer 08-03-2017 12:40 AM

Re: [Minimal] - Crimson Joy - The Pain of Knowing

I love this. Given it a couple of listens on different systems. The texture and movement is superb. I love how it sort of fades in and out in intensity without losing momentum.

I really like the distorted lead synth sound - it has a sort of hollow resonance that I think mixes really well against the solidity of the drums. I do think it could stand to be mixed a bit louder. I think messing with the quality of the tone would be a mistake, but I'd like it more present in the mix. Or maybe bring the drums down relative to everything else. I like them pounding in the intro but I feel like the rest of the mix suffers for them being so in your face.

I'd love to hear more in this vein. Great work.

AetherSound 08-03-2017 08:36 AM

really cool, i got like middle eastern esque vibes from it

dicaro 11-03-2017 10:19 AM

Hello Dude,

a dark song you made there :) I would feedback it but for me that's not minimal, can you explain me what makes this minimal for you?

LiHiN-010 11-03-2017 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicaro (Post 1439231)
I would feedback it but for me that's not minimal, can you explain me what makes this minimal for you?

Because minimal production went into making the track, idk. Who cares what genre label it is, i hate genre labels anyway. If your only comment was to bitch about the genre label, im honestly not interested in your feedback.

dicaro 11-03-2017 10:00 PM

Good to know you are open for a discussion

LiHiN-010 12-03-2017 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicaro (Post 1439311)
Good to know you are open for a discussion

You picked the least important, most irrelevant thing to try to discuss. Seriously, who cares what i decided to label the genre?

dicaro 12-03-2017 12:56 AM

Cause I'm interested in it.
Frustrated kid

LiHiN-010 12-03-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dicaro (Post 1439346)
Cause I'm interested in it.
Frustrated kid

Be interested in some aspect of the music itself. Explain to me what you find interesting about the genre label I decided to give this song (which I already answered.) You're right people who ask stupid/irrelevant questions frustrate me, I'm guilty.