IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Industrial / EBM / Power Electronics (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=146665)

JacobJaru 30-03-2017 10:12 PM

Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle

Ok so I read that mute is going to re-release some odd throbbing gristle stuff. Like their videos and Psychic Rafters in Heaven.
I have a few questions.
Is this real?
How could this work with Genesis leaving, and sleazy being dead?
How much money are we willing to spend on Throbbing Gristle Videos

candlesayshi 30-03-2017 10:24 PM

Re: Mute is going to release some old throbbing gristle

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobJaru (Post 1441572)
How could this work with Genesis leaving, and sleazy being dead?

Chris and Cosey are still alive, though.

JacobJaru 30-03-2017 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candlesayshi (Post 1441573)
Chris and Cosey are still alive, though.

Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money. Also I went on Mute's website and it's offical.

candlesayshi 30-03-2017 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobJaru (Post 1441574)
Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money

:blink: They still have their own music project together that's doing well. Also, they've been together for a very long time and have a child together.

EDIT: Rather than just be contrarian... and speaking of Chris... I really liked the remasters that he put out himself over the past couple years. I much prefer them to the old Mute releases, and from what I see these new re-releases seem to be much like them. If not them just released now under Mute. Pretty awesome nonetheless.

Artificer 30-03-2017 11:11 PM

Sure, it'll happen in some shape or form. They're far enough past their sell-by date and there's enough interest in the band that they'll release everything left/milk it for all it's worth.

Quote:

How much money are we willing to spend on Throbbing Gristle Videos
Personally, none at all. There's enough of a record of their live performances enshrined on youtube. Watching Orridge gyrate was never much of a draw for me and the other three just stand around awkwardly. The interesting thing to me was always the music and how they generated it. I'm not holding my breath for any new groundbreaking material but it'd be nice to be surprised.

JacobJaru 31-03-2017 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by candlesayshi (Post 1441575)
:blink: They still have their own music project together that's doing well. Also, they've been together for a very long time and have a child together.

EDIT: Rather than just be contrarian... and speaking of Chris... I really liked the remasters that he put out himself over the past couple years. I much prefer them to the old Mute releases, and from what I see these new re-releases seem to be much like them. If not them just released now under Mute. Pretty awesome nonetheless.

Sorry I was talking about Genesis and Chris wanting money.

JacobJaru 31-03-2017 04:34 AM

I dunno I would be willing to own a dvd for about $30 max.

jVs 31-03-2017 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobJaru (Post 1441574)
Yeah, but I was worried they would rip at each other's throats for the money. Also I went on Mute's website and it's offical.

I would hope to fuck that they would be above monetary spats at this point in their lives. At the end of the day, GPO, Chris and Cosey are more successful than what many may believe.