IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   House / Dubstep (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   My New Song: Sonorous (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=145936)

timour14 05-01-2017 05:20 AM

My New Song: Sonorous

Helloo folks!

I just released this progressive house track: youtube.com/watch?v=I5HbJXhJAIs

If y'all would give me some support/feedback, and SUBSCRIBE to my channel, I'd be very grateful! :mayonesa:

Also: lemme know If I'm doing this on the wrong place. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

D42K732202 05-01-2017 05:37 AM

Re: My New Song: Sonorous

bruhh do you even stereo separation ?

timour14 05-01-2017 08:30 AM

I make music. Alot of people I talk to like it. They tell me it's danceable.

Show me how [Stereo Separation/anything else] makes a track better, and I'll listen and learn.

That's how I roll.

White Noise 05-01-2017 09:42 AM

Okie doke. You need dynamics, the biggest problem I felt looking over your stuff was a general flatness. Let's take the lead you have in the song you linked here. There's nothing wrong with it, but if you used a more varied volume envelope (it sounds like all you had was the gate, no decay/sustain stage) and did a little bit with the filter, it would certainly stand out more. Even if you did nothing to the drums, and just ducked your pads around them, that would give a sense of dynamics.

Matech 05-01-2017 12:55 PM

This track is no accomplishment by a long shot. Your sound is very unpolished and the lead melody is very dull and irritating. I'm not going to feel bad for speaking my mind.

timour14 05-01-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matech (Post 1429917)
This track is no accomplishment by a long shot. Your sound is very unpolished and the lead melody is very dull and irritating. I'm not going to feel bad for speaking my mind.

Dude, I get it. The reason I'm posting here is because I want to get better. If you don't have an idea for how I can do that, don't expect me to care about your negative thinking.

:yo:

timour14 05-01-2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Noise (Post 1429889)
Okie doke. You need dynamics, the biggest problem I felt looking over your stuff was a general flatness. Let's take the lead you have in the song you linked here. There's nothing wrong with it, but if you used a more varied volume envelope (it sounds like all you had was the gate, no decay/sustain stage) and did a little bit with the filter, it would certainly stand out more. Even if you did nothing to the drums, and just ducked your pads around them, that would give a sense of dynamics.

Alrighty, hey: Really appreciate the advice! I'll definitely look into dynamics a bunch more, and see what I can learn. Really helpful post. Thanks mate! :)

PrimeSuspect 20-09-2017 06:00 PM

Okay, my honest feedback:
1) Tooooo much highs in the sound;
2) Lack of melody and dynamics.
3) All song in same tonality (very high tonality)
4) Very, very, very bad drop, as if by a drill in concrete.
You need to change that drop, lower down a couple of tones in the main melody, add some diversity and melody development.
P.S. I listened to a few of your tracks, you use the same acid sound in each of them, I think you should try smthng new, without that sound.
Cheers and good luck to you.

relic 20-09-2017 06:47 PM

This doesn't belong here anyway. Closed.