IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Music Scene Chat (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Metal (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=106052)

Shtuffe 06-05-2012 09:59 PM

Metal

I'm just sayin'

http://i.imgur.com/P5Yfz.png

stem collector 07-05-2012 01:29 AM

Re: Metal

fucking fins and their metal

Middie 07-05-2012 07:53 AM

And it all sounds the same :)

EatTheFood 07-05-2012 08:44 AM

Norvegians and their Black Metal.

EatTheFood 07-05-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bermuda Drain (Post 876143)

METALOCALYPSE FOR EVER! :punk:
Murder Face, the only person that gets sick by bacteria entering his wiener.

oly 07-05-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Middie (Post 876059)

Sure all sounds the same to me.

Shtuffe 07-05-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghytwembpang (Post 876147)

Sure all sounds the same to me.

Haha, dat music video! :punk:

ThomasEdger 07-05-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Middie (Post 876059)

No, it doesn't. That's like saying electro house sounds like goa trance. Does it in your head?

hellscion 07-05-2012 05:44 PM

Ugh, American metal bands.. I noticed at some point, they all objectively suck. Yes, metallica, disturbed, godsmack, avenged sevenfold, sevendust, korn, etc etc etc. a bunch of lame, cheesy bullshit..

Thankfully there is Sweden, France, etc..

mischjok 07-05-2012 06:47 PM

In the times where Europeans used to live in tribes, Finns lived in bands.

oly 07-05-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bermuda Drain (Post 876240)
Also The Number 12 is emo. I like them, but they're definitely emo

emo = emotional hardcore, hardcore and metal are close enough to me to group together - and they're too technical to just be straight up emo, it's mathcore man.

Hellscion: all those bands you listed suck but there ARE great american metal bands. The #12 and Neurosis I already posted, there's also HORSE the Band(yeah yeah 'not metal, emo' - what did I just say? I count it), Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and Idiot Flesh, Detective Jabsco(was this sick ska-hardcore group from Colorado, you can find their only album online still I think, they broke up after that unfortunately), Daughters, Tera Melos, the Melvins...

mischjok 07-05-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellscion (Post 876302)
Ugh, American metal bands.. I noticed at some point, they all objectively suck. Yes, metallica, disturbed, godsmack, avenged sevenfold, sevendust, korn, etc etc etc. a bunch of lame, cheesy bullshit..

wtf are you talking about? Swedish metal tends to sound generic and poppy.

Metallica before the black album >>>> all Swedish bands.

lol at Godsmack...thatīs dad-friendly rock to me.

hellscion 07-05-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mischjok (Post 876356)
wtf are you talking about? Swedish metal tends to sound generic and poppy.

Metallica before the black album >>>> all Swedish bands.

lol at Godsmack...thatīs dad-friendly rock to me.

:lol: It depends on whether you're talking about 'melodic death metal' acts like in flames & soilwork or not..

I've always found the black album to be like the corniest thing ever recorded.. I mean.. what were those songs about again.. the boogey man, cowboys, werewolves...?

speaking of metallica:

They totally ripped off other bands (this isn't the only example ) & then throw a huge bitch fit about music piracy. fuck those guys!

oly 07-05-2012 07:58 PM

I hate Metallica. fuck those stuck-up douches. Their music is boring and they are assholes.

I'd almost rather listen to Nickleback. Almost.

Sencesor 07-05-2012 08:03 PM

/thread

hellscion 07-05-2012 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghytwembpang (Post 876349)
emo = emotional hardcore, hardcore and metal are close enough to me to group together - and they're too technical to just be straight up emo, it's mathcore man.

Hellscion: all those bands you listed suck but there ARE great american metal bands. The #12 and Neurosis I already posted, there's also HORSE the Band(yeah yeah 'not metal, emo' - what did I just say? I count it), Sleepytime Gorilla Museum and Idiot Flesh, Detective Jabsco(was this sick ska-hardcore group from Colorado, you can find their only album online still I think, they broke up after that unfortunately), Daughters, Tera Melos, the Melvins...

Neurosis is actually my favorite band ;)

How this evaded me.. perhaps because everything they've released since like 2003(sun that never sets, the eye of every storm), although some of my favorite music, is far FAR from being stereotypical 'heavy metal'.. they seem to be taking more influence from Apocalyptic Folk like Death in June or Swans these days..

But yes I totally contradicted meself there..

edit: also, thanks for recommending some new music to check out.. :drinks:

EatTheFood 08-05-2012 06:39 AM

Shtuffe 08-05-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sencesor (Post 876387)

/thread

I've heard weird metal songs. Songs of flying whales and such.
But this just takes the price, just...What the fuck am i listening to?! ^^

mischjok 08-05-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellscion (Post 876378)
:lol: It depends on whether you're talking about 'melodic death metal' acts like in flames & soilwork or not..

I've always found the black album to be like the corniest thing ever recorded.. I mean.. what were those songs about again.. the boogey man, cowboys, werewolves...?

speaking of metallica:
Bleak House-Rainbow Warrior - YouTube

They totally ripped off other bands (this isn't the only example ) & then throw a huge bitch fit about music piracy. fuck those guys!

Accusing metallica of stealing the ideas of another band is quite bold, considering that there are at least 1000 better examples for true stealing (cough *Timbaland* cough). Metallicaīs intro to Sanitarium sure sounds pretty similar to that song, as the idea is played on a guitar with clean tone and itīs in Eminor. But that doesnīt mean Metallica timbalanded Bleak House, you know.

hellscion 08-05-2012 03:15 PM

I can keep going..