IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Ambient / Downtempo (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Solar Fields (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=122190)

Optimal Prime 06-06-2013 05:18 PM

Solar Fields

I felt the need to post this track up in here because it seriously is an amazing track and Solar Fields has some really amazing ambient chilled music. Some is general ambient where as other stuff borders on trancy and Psy chill. This particular track though got me after hearing it for a second time on two different Youtube videos.

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Dissonance 14-06-2013 05:37 PM

Re: Solar Fields

That entire album is amazing from start to finish. Also "Altered - Second Movements" by Solar Fields which I am hesitant to call a "remix" of Movements is also great. I think of it as a completely new album that takes you to a new destination while leaving behind hints of the what was.

swaddo84 15-06-2013 01:44 AM

I can't stress enough the respect I have for this guy.

Was lucky enough to catch him at Glade last year and I never saw anyone make a chillout tent stand up and groove like he did.

Both his trance and downtempo stuff is second to none.

frankie5fingers 15-06-2013 04:23 AM

i too am a huge Solar Fields fan. the dude is amazing. hands down one of my favorite artists. first thing i heard by him was the Mirrors Edge OST and i was hooked.

youtubeDJ 23-06-2013 04:10 AM

Magnus is a stand up guy (Solar Fields). He was a part of my last online event and he was super nice. Played some cool unreleased stuff as well.

ttime 20-09-2013 05:07 PM

Wow, had never heard this guy before, thanks for this. Beautiful track.

Kvlt O))) 23-09-2013 03:21 AM

The track you posted is cool! I really dug Solar Fields for a while, but he has way too grand of a sound for me. Way too much layering and tricks, but I still respect him as an artist.

The song you posted really reminds me of a post rock song. Maybe that's what I've been digging less of, if I had to put my finger on it.

bIOtAPEstry 01-10-2013 09:58 PM

Solor Fields are top bannana. We like Carbon Based Life Forms too ;)

Vibe Origin 28-04-2017 11:48 AM

Not a great fan of Solar Fields but I like "Sol" and "Road To Nothingness". Great textures and atmospheres.

signaldwn 12-06-2017 03:07 PM

Solar fields is really easy to listen to. And Magnus is a really cool guy. He's always responsive to messages and such. Asked him about a loop he used and he got back with me the following day about it.

hendu12 11-07-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signaldwn (Post 1448719)
Solar fields is really easy to listen to. And Magnus is a really cool guy. He's always responsive to messages and such. Asked him about a loop he used and he got back with me the following day about it.

Dude, how do I get in contact with him? I would love to talk to that man.

BoJoProductions 11-07-2017 10:20 AM

Thank you for bringing this track into my life

burner 31-10-2017 12:36 AM

After years of seeing Solar Fields recommended on almost any "best ambient / downtempo" posts, and cursory digs never really throwing anything up that really grabbed me... I discovered his album Leaving Home this weekend. Woah. Time Slide and Leaving Home are particularly good, but the whole album is sheer taste.

Now lining up Movements into my bandcamp basket for as soon as my wages come in this week.

:)

Daggit 31-10-2017 07:06 PM

I always steered clear of Solar Fields because there used to be an internet radio station that would play some really annoying boring tune by SF that was like literally 45 minutes long. I was like WTF??????? It was like just a single held pad tone for like 45 minutes--boring as hell. That pretty much scared me away, but maybe I'll take a listen sometime.

relic 31-10-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daggit (Post 1462458)
I always steered clear of Solar Fields because there used to be an internet radio station that would play some really annoying boring tune by SF that was like literally 45 minutes long. I was like WTF??????? It was like just a single held pad tone for like 45 minutes--boring as hell. That pretty much scared me away, but maybe I'll take a listen sometime.

That's more self indulgent than 99% of Jazz.

That being said, a lot of my favorite forum members are jazzed on this artist. Will have an ear peep.

Artificer 01-11-2017 12:34 AM

Big fan of his HUVA Network collab with Vincent Villuis.

Orchidaceae 01-11-2017 09:29 PM

Well, it took me a while back then to get into his music too...there's no doubt though that his older stuff is his best...

Try these, give a bit of time, don't expect anything, light up a joint if you need :)

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Orchidaceae 26-02-2018 09:12 AM

:)

Orchidaceae 16-03-2018 09:27 PM

Artificer 17-03-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by expnayon (Post 1472270)
Vacuum cleaners are one of the most convenient appliances of our modern times. Without them, cleaning basic wall-to-wall carpeting would be nearly impossible. Older vacuums were heavy and expensive but newer technologies have enabled the creation of much lighter and more compact versions. The smaller vacuums are also less expensive than their older predecessors are, which makes it much easier for everyone to have a good one.

Truly an ideal for modern living. Well said.