IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Non-IDMf Projects (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   Spectral plugin "SpecOps" demo video (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147744)

Xinus 07-08-2017 09:26 PM

Spectral plugin "SpecOps" demo video

Hey guys

I made this demo video with the forthcoming plugin SpecOps from Unfiltered Audio that I am currently beta testing and thought the IDM forums would be the place to share it. It's an amazing spectral plugin that is a great joy to use. Hope you like my video and track :)

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Metaside 09-08-2017 01:40 AM

Re: Spectral plugin "SpecOps" demo video

Nice track! I've been waiting for this for quite a while after hearing the first audio demo. How does it compare to Zynaptiq Wormhole and UA Fault?
Any info on a release date yet? Last I heard was that it could be a few months until a release date is announced...?

Xinus 09-08-2017 11:30 AM

Thanks man! I haven't tried Wormhole - not sure I can live with the long latency of these plugins.
It is a spectral toolkit with various forms of spectral processing and I'm quite sure it's a lot more gritty than, say wormhole. Fault is a pitch/frequency shifter so SpecOps is much different as you can see. The great mod system of UA plugins makes SpecOps something extraordinary. It is - on my system very very stable. Not a single crash in spite of all the crazy modulation that is going on. Check the "New things from unfiltered audio" thread in Effects on Kvraudio for news and info. There's a nice ambient video from Empty Vessel too.

Metaside 09-08-2017 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinus (Post 1455661)
The great mod system of UA plugins makes SpecOps something extraordinary. It is - on my system very very stable. Not a single crash in spite of all the crazy modulation that is going on.

Sounds good! I like Fault, Sandman Pro and Indent especially for the modulation options and I'm pretty sure I'm going to get SpecOps, too. Right now I do most spectral manipulation in image-based editors such as Photosounder and RX and with some morph, shift and transform effects in my DAW. But at least for the stuff by Zynaptiq (which is awesome) all modulation has to be done externally, which is one of the reasons why I really want to test SpecOps before considering buying any other spectral or frequency manipulation tools...

Quote:

Check the "New things from unfiltered audio" thread in Effects on Kvraudio for news and info. There's a nice ambient video from Empty Vessel too.
Thanks, I might do that.

strangerflesh 15-11-2017 12:33 AM

Wicked stuff dude! I've never seen this plug in before. I will have to check it out :) Is the full version out now?

Xinus 15-11-2017 01:01 AM

Thanks Strangerflesh! Yes it's been out for a while now. There should be a demo too so definitely try it out. Even cool subtle effects are possible because of the mod system. I'm happy to have it in my mangling arsenal!

strangerflesh 15-11-2017 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xinus (Post 1463782)
Thanks Strangerflesh! Yes it's been out for a while now. There should be a demo too so definitely try it out. Even cool subtle effects are possible because of the mod system. I'm happy to have it in my mangling arsenal!

Awesome! Im gonna go check it out now :)

6klop 11-04-2018 01:52 AM

Excellent track, these instruments seems to have a lot of possibilities... !
The evolution of the song reminds me guys like Max Cooper (that's a compliment)

Xinus 11-04-2018 08:18 AM

Thanks man, glad you like it. Yes lot's of possibilities of course. Great for IDM and Glitch :D