IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Hardware and Gear (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   Line 6 - Helix Native Guitar Effects Processing box (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=147755)

MFXxx 08-08-2017 10:31 PM

Line 6 - Helix Native Guitar Effects Processing box

This little beast is from simple to complex, very nice bit of kit for guitarists or whatever perverted reason you find yourselves a use for...:drinks:

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

joem 08-08-2017 11:33 PM

Re: Line 6 - Helix Native Guitar Effects Processing box

2 words guitar rig that is all

Roo Stercogburn 08-08-2017 11:43 PM

VST3, colour me interested.

Have to say though, it would have to be pretty damn good to swear me off TH3 and GR5. Between those two beasts I've got most ear-bleeding covered.

Numerical 09-08-2017 12:07 AM

Bout time they did this. Line 6 has some killer effect sounds.

chasedobson 09-08-2017 12:17 AM

I'm interested, but between my line 6 hardware (DL4 and PodXTpro) and Guitar Rig im pretty well sorted out for guitar tones.

Artificer 09-08-2017 12:41 AM

I'm an Amplitube guy myself, but yeah, echoing everyone else. It'd have to be markedly better than my current options to draw me away. I've never honestly been much of a Line 6 fan anyway - their amp sims have always left me cold and their effects are really hit and miss to my ear, though I've heard their Helix line is pretty top notch. I'd have a hard time thinking they beat out Kempers though, and I'd be more likely to put my money there for hardware.

But regarding the VST, the problem here is that there's no real substance yet. It's a bunch of marketing hype and buzzwords, and most importantly no third party reviews or demo. I'm always interested in component modeling a la Revalver, and if they've actually nailed Bucket Brigades that'd be something special, but I'm not going to get all gung ho until I actually hear and play with the thing.

It going to have to be significantly cheaper, way better sounding or offer options I can't get anywhere else for me to move off my current setup. Maybe it will, but I'm not holding my breath.

Vault O))) 09-08-2017 04:23 AM

Is this like the Pod Farm but without the actual doohickey? I could see this being better than GR, and I've never said that before.

Roo Stercogburn 09-08-2017 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault O))) (Post 1455633)
Is this like the Pod Farm but without the actual doohickey? I could see this being better than GR, and I've never said that before.

Aye, GR5 doesn't look like it has had a lot of love from NI in a long while and new stuff coming out on the market is always of interest, its just the bar is very high. More competition though is great, keeps companies on their toes.

NI just keep milking Reaktor and so all their new 'synths' are very bloaty and resource-heavy. Same when using Reaktor for FX, it hammers the crap out of resources (even though its very good, like *seriously* good at some things). The only thing they added to GR5 of note in the last year or so was data mining from customers built in to it. Yesterday when I was making a track I added some FX in GR5 to some vocoder work and within minutes I had a relatively complex FX chain built up. Line 6 also have to offer good workflow and an intuitive interface on top of some killer FX.

If Line 6 have something high quality to offer with lots of options I'm interested to know more about it.

Because, I'd be lying by omission if didn't add one of the most important bits:

"NEW TOYS!"

:D