IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   IDMf Netlabel Albums + Discussion (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   IDMfBT003 - Transparency **OUT NOW** (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=118260)

Kong 18-02-2013 05:48 AM

IDMfBT003 - Transparency **OUT NOW**

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

http://f0.bcbits.com/z/29/19/2919668205-1.jpg

[IDMfBT003] Transparency

Some people make music to sing to. Some people make music to laugh to. Some people make music to dance to and other people make music to listen to. The IDMf community driven Beat Tape label brings you it's third and final release titled Transparency. As you listen to what Braindance means to each individual artist, through a journey in sound without rules, perhaps you can decide for your self just exactly what it is that Braindance means to you. When limits are pushed, boundaries are broken, and norms are forgotten...a genre is defined.

Tracklist
  • night:dweller - Float
  • Grain Bastard - P386
  • Chooko - Nightbird
  • Russian Corvette - Mira
  • RFJ - Steve Buscemi
  • Stem Collector - Tribal
  • GBSR - She Used To Be Mine
  • Bx3 - Air Lift
  • XVF - Void
  • Jazzyspoon - I Want This

Credits:
Art by Evelon
Mastering by Ben “Benwaa” Walthew
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4368309/IDMf/Images/CK.jpg

"IDMfBT003 Transparency" by [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] is licensed under a [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...].

bbb 18-02-2013 05:49 AM

Re: IDMfBT003 - Transparency **OUT NOW**

1st

WOOOHOOO DL TIME.

RFJ 18-02-2013 07:12 AM

Sweet.

For me it was an honor to work on this record.

Thanks to everyone that participated and big thanks to Kong for taking on the beat tapes. I could go on and on but you've all heard enough out of me in the other 003 threads.

Thanks to Ben for putting together the masters and letting us have our fun.

If any of you have a Facebook page or any other social media a link would be the shit.

Nice work to all and thanks again.

Grain Bastard 18-02-2013 08:25 AM

Awesome!!!!!

The mini mix sounded really cool.

I've uploaded a new little video jam with a link to the release at the end and going to get my mates to spam it up for us on Facebook.

:mayonesa:

A.M 18-02-2013 10:03 AM

Much thanks for this..and congrats to all involved! I am REALLY looking forward to burning this to disc and letting it melt on my stereo system! :)

scyn 18-02-2013 10:22 AM

Good stuff for getting the brain shaken up on a Monday morning. Downloaded and listening. Well done to everyone involved!

bbb 18-02-2013 02:56 PM

Goodbye BTs, you were fun to listen to.

So happy to be on this, seems like forever since the submissions and well worth the wait. Really enjoyed all of these.

EDIT - Just FB'd this too. If I get no responses, I'll never do that again. But it's done. \o/

ndwella 18-02-2013 07:38 PM

Absolutely top-notch music right there, it's an honor to be alongside you guys in this. Well worth the wait indeed, this beat tape is amazing.

Oh, and I already tweeted about this, hope I get some responses hahah

Grain Bastard 18-02-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndwella (Post 1044332)
Absolutely top-notch music right there, it's an honor to be alongside you guys in this. Well worth the wait indeed, this beat tape is amazing.

Oh, and I already tweeted about this, hope I get some responses hahah

I was thinking much the same - I find it quite humbling if I'm honest :friends:

It sounds really fresh and modern to me but somehow it sounds like there is a lot of 'history' there too, if that makes sense. Each track seems nostalgic but bought right up to date - really good.

My lame attempt at promoting got a helping hand earlier from Tim at [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] who posted up a link to my vid on his site/blog and he put the link to the beat tape in his description :drinks: - discchord is a well cool site if you haven't been, which is based around ios music apps - I see a good surge in views on the days he has posted my videos in the past so fingers crossed.

I think my mates dones some twitter thing too as he sent me a text earlier that i couldn't understand for shit but there were lots of ### about!!! Lol.

Focalized 19-02-2013 04:24 PM

All very good. And they all stand out from each other I think.

Jazzyspoon 20-02-2013 05:52 PM

Just got through listening all the way through. A great set of tracks here. Even a few favorites. Awesome work. thanks to Kong, Ben, RFJ and the rest of the gang for making this all come together so nicely. :)

chooko 21-02-2013 03:27 PM

really great release :)

big thanks to all the judges, Kong and Benwaa for all the time and labor you have dedicated in the last half-year for these beattapes :drinks: ...so sad it's over

i guess the thing i liked most about these beattapes was the engineer-like problem-solving opportunity it implied -> here's a genre with some reference tracks, now do your best...
tbh i wasnt a big fan of glitchy-idm before this beattape, but this opportunity opened my eyes towards the complexity and awesomness of this genre, but at the same time made me realize how far away i actually am from it :p

Jazzyspoon 22-02-2013 07:17 PM

Petty detail, but I noticed that the Soundcloud for this release isn't involved with any groups. The new soundcloud layout makes groups pretty important to getting things heard by listeners (rather than other musicians who are simply 'following') I think we could get a lot more traffic/interest in general submitting some of these tracks to various groups, including IDMf's own. I don't mind spending some time doing it, if given the login info.

Kong 22-02-2013 07:34 PM

I'm glad you mentioned this Jazzyspoon, I was considering doing it but feared it would be spammy (it's how I always feel when I share my shit). If you think it's a good idea, I'll get on it then.

We're at 30+ downloads of this album, once this beats the other two beat tapes IDMfBT can rest in peace.

Jazzyspoon 22-02-2013 08:46 PM

It can get kind of spammy if you throw every track into a group, especially all at once. But if you submit a few of the stronger or more specifically applicable tracks to a group, you should see some results.

Oatbag 23-02-2013 03:15 AM

Lots of people don't download, but just stream/listen online. I very rarely really download anything anymore.

Jazzyspoon 23-02-2013 03:31 AM

I agree, there just not a lot of streaming of these tracks going on right now via Soundcloud. I uploaded a preview copy of my track to Soundcloud yesterday (with a dl link leading to bandcamp) and already have close to as many plays as all of the tracks combined.(I'm not bragging here, just trying to make a point) I owe this to the groups I dropped it into and nothing else.... Streaming is as good as a download anyday. Music is meant to be heard, not held.

Oatbag 23-02-2013 03:33 AM

I kind of thought groups had died with the new format - they don't seem to display anywhere by default now. It's interesting that you are getting such results from them.

EatTheFood 27-02-2013 08:56 AM

Finally got a proper listen. And you guys just smashed it right there. Congrats to all of you for the great work!
Favourits: "Airlift", "Void" and "I Want This".

RFJ 27-02-2013 03:34 PM

Alright if we'ree calling favorites mine is Float.