IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Listening Booth (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   [Progressive Industrial] ReWIR3D - Untitled (first track in a year) (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=148462)

rewir3d 02-11-2017 12:52 PM

[Progressive Industrial] ReWIR3D - Untitled (first track in a year)

Will update soon but pulling it off from soundcloud till my vocalist is finished ..should be back online soon!

rewir3d 02-11-2017 01:01 PM

Re: [Progressive Industrial] ReWIR3D - Untitled (first track in a year)

As usual soundcloud algorithms botched some of the quality

A.M 02-11-2017 03:15 PM

I thought that was pretty cool actually..not to shabby at all. I think the snares could do with a little more of a reverb added to them. Same goes for the vocals and turn them up a little in the mix, to bring them out more in the mix..only a little, though..and play around with the spacing of everything a little to spread things out even more and this would really kick ass..seriously.

I don't hear anything wrong with your vocals on this..you should do more of your own voice work, if this is anything to go by.

As it is, it already reminds me a lot of some of T R's stuff with NIN..and I mean that as a compliment. ;)

LSS, nice work..and finish that damn album already!

jbvdb493 02-11-2017 10:53 PM

Can't seem to get it to work on my ipad

Daggit 05-11-2017 08:06 PM

Wow, it sounds really pretty strong.
The levels seem so strong that you probably won't have any trouble still hearing the music after the lyrics are overdubbed. The musical quality seems pretty good and the mix quality seems pretty good too.

It's simple enough in terms of complexity, that the vocalist could lyrically dance all over this with some fancy syncopation or extreme fluctuations or fast then slow or quiet then loud or whatever. There's a lot of built-in flexibility is what I'm trying to say.

Often I'll do a track and it ends up too detailed to add any vocals and still sound good, and yet since I originally intended to add vocals it still sounds incomplete. I don't think you'll have that problem with yours.

Nice work.

badmotor 06-11-2017 06:56 AM

Groovy. I agree with A.M’s comments. Solid base for some potentially memorable vocal work.

KnobGobllin 07-11-2017 07:49 AM

Drum bus could use some carving out to help the bass sit better. crash sample gets a little repetitive. Maybe could happen less or get some more dynamic or timbral variety. could also see a section where it breaks down being very welcome somewhere in the middle

rewir3d 07-11-2017 01:50 PM

Thanks for taking the time to listen and respond, I appreciate the hell out of it!! I have updated the track in the OP with some of the advice. I am still in the creative process and will hit the mixdown a lot later. I still want to scrap my vocals and have Ryan sing but for now I am just having fun experimenting.

Also at 1:35 that was me beatboxing to the track and adding effects to my vocals to get a weird glitch feel :P.

A.M 07-11-2017 04:40 PM

Love it..simple as that. Again, learn to accept you can sing and that it's OK to do so..then do it yourself..you'll only get better at it if you do.

rewir3d 08-11-2017 02:44 AM

Thanks. I still feel the vox is atrocious. Once Ryan has time they will be scrapped lol