IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Modular software & programming (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   Pure Data Resources. (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=74557)

emmanuel.d 25-02-2011 01:31 PM

Pure Data Resources.

There isn't already one topic for all the PD stuff, so I'll try to make it properly.

Non-IDMf stuff

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (SOS article)
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (A board ! Yes !)

About algorithms

IDMf stuff

Patches

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (Tons of patches about many things)
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (patch section of the puredata.info board)
[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (ARGO stuff : loaads of patches down there)

Books

Miller Puckette's "The Theory and Technique of Electronic Music" [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Todd Winkler's "Composing Interactive Music: Techniques and Ideas Using Max" [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Andy Farnell - Designing Sound [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

Online books

Video stuff

[Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] (Rafael Hernandez video tutorials)

I think it's a good start. If you want to add something, put it next, and I'll edit my post.

gbsr 20-03-2011 02:04 PM

Re: Pure Data ressources.

stickied for the sheer awesome.
thanks man :)

mrcold 25-03-2011 11:43 PM

not much i haven't seen.. but helpful anyway!

Thanks!

Julius Quasar 08-04-2011 06:54 AM

Attempting to get into Pure Data. Some great info here. [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...] in particular I think is pretty good at getting past the initial what is going on stage.

ardot_adot 02-05-2011 09:51 PM

hi!
well that miller puckette book is free online just google it, for whoever is interested.

ardot_adot 14-07-2011 08:35 PM

Also i forgot to mention there is this book called Designing Sound by Andy Farnell, its not free but one of the best books ive seen that uses PD as purely a sound engine, comes with a lot of physics, math and a bit of psychoacoustics and its not free but its completely worth paying for it. Its not completely for newbies but its not that hard to understand.

ardot_adot 15-07-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndMOUSE (Post 720126)
I googled miller puckette and got a blank. Got a link ??

no problem [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...], be warned that the book relies heavily on math formulas so it might feel cryptic to read at times...

ardot_adot 15-07-2011 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2ndMOUSE (Post 720271)
thanks a lot Ardot.

Repped =)

my pleasure :)

BeckmannM 06-07-2012 09:44 AM

thanks a lot, very interesting!!

ardot_adot 06-07-2012 11:29 AM

well just to add to the thread i think its important to mention that, from my experience (and i had to learn this the hard way), studying the software alone will only get you so far. If you want to really break through and start creating your own tools is necessary to know your synthesis, sampling and a bit of programming. If you want to dive into more sofisticated stuff like FFT, physical modelling or filter design, study dsp and higher Math, that means going through arithmetic, algebra, trigonometry, analytic geometry, pre calculus, calculus, differential equations, etc... all that theory will eventually add up to ideas using Pure Data.
:victory:

Dugg Funnie 04-10-2012 12:28 PM

Designing Sound: Andy Farnell: 9780262014410: Amazon.com: Books [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

AWESOME book using Pd to explore the concepts.

[Complex] 30-11-2012 10:57 PM

Pd is a very interesting programming language, is possible to make synthesizers, sequencers and tools for live act, samplers, keyboards, etc..

Djreject 07-12-2012 06:52 AM

For begginers and even intermediary this is a nice site for tutorial and guide of pbjects and concepts

[Complex] 07-02-2013 08:53 PM

The puredata flossmanuals is very good, and the book of Miller Puckette is imprescindible.

Here is a modular synth that I made:

Sorry for the audio and video quality;)

Yanisaxaddict 20-02-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Complex] (Post 1038709)
The puredata flossmanuals is very good, and the book of Miller Puckette is imprescindible.

Here is a modular synth that I made:

Sorry for the audio and video quality;)

That is amazing, what software are you using to make that synth ?

[Complex] 24-02-2013 05:45 PM

I have used PureData, it is free
Can be downloaded from [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...]

I like a lot PureData because it is very easy compared with other programming languaje like Java/C++.

The video is a little old, I have improved and simplified a lot the graphic interface and aded a 'Wave Multiplier'.

Thanks!

SUN of IRA 15-03-2013 01:00 AM

Great! These resources should come in very handy as I am currently learning the ins and outs of Pure Data.

emmanuel.d 15-12-2013 02:41 PM

I updated the post with your links. Thanks :)

PROton42 07-07-2014 07:59 PM

Re: Pure Data Resources.

Fixed up the thread title. :)

Cariola Project 24-09-2014 03:31 PM

Re: Pure Data Resources.

Quote:

Originally Posted by emmanuel.d (Post 639251)
There isn't already one topic for all the PD stuff, so I'll try to make it properly.
I think it's a good start. If you want to add something, put it next, and I'll edit my post.

Nice work putting together all those links. I worked sometimes with PureData, it is a realy nice software.

There are many boxes in PD but you can create some of your own (in C++) if you want. If anyone is interested I can show some links/tutorials or collaborate on programing some new boxes for PD.

Cheers,