IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com

IDMf - Electronic Music & Production Forum - IDMforums.com (http://www.idmforums.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions & Feedback (http://www.idmforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   MS20 in need of help (http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=146540)

theycallmegav 12-03-2017 01:00 AM

MS20 in need of help

Hey, I have a MS-20 mini that will not switch on. How is the best way of getting it repaired or getting an expert to look at it? Im in Ireland and the only music shop are retail shops. Sending it away could cost a fair bit. Just wondering if there is a service I've missed

Any suggestions?

relic 12-03-2017 02:24 AM

Re: MS20 in need of help

Korg likely has a repair place in the UK. Try them? Selling AS IS and spending getting a new one may not be bad. Also an electronics repair place that isnt a music shop.

theycallmegav 12-03-2017 01:05 PM

Thanks relic. I'll be looking into that today. It's make me sad that it is just sitting there. So much potential just locked up in there lol

A.M 12-03-2017 02:37 PM

Don't know where you're based here, but you could try hitting up [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...], who are based in Dublin and service / repair all kinds of Korg, Moog and Roland synths. I've never used them personally, but I've heard good things about them.

Also have a look at [Only registered and activated mad cunts can see links. Click Here To Register...], who are all over the place here in Ireland..they have their own in-hose repair service, which has been approved by the likes of Yamaha, Peavey, RCF, Roland, Fender, Korg, Boss, Marshall, Pioneer, Numark, Alesis and others. The link above will take you to their repair page, but I'm guessing you'll have to do a bit of digging to find out where to take or post your unit to get it repair.

Hope these help..best of luck and let us know how you get on. ;)

theycallmegav 12-03-2017 04:08 PM

A.M that has been as great help. I emailed Korg directly and will have to send it off to England. But there is a Sound Shop not way far from me just below the boarder. So I'm going to drive down with it and see what they think. Thanks again mate.:badger:

A.M 12-03-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theycallmegav (Post 1439444)
A.M that has been as great help. I emailed Korg directly and will have to send it off to England. But there is a Sound Shop not way far from me just below the boarder. So I'm going to drive down with it and see what they think. Thanks again mate.:badger:

No worries..I'd look up the shop's phone number and give em a call first..could save yourself the travel if it doesn't pan out. ;)

theycallmegav 12-03-2017 04:58 PM

I will do. fucking Legend