Eric b and rakim
Krs one
Doc
50cent
Black thought
50 cent
Lloyd banks

Ttyl. :grin:

Lots and lots of Luke Vibert, Dave Monolith, Ruby My Dear, and DMX Crew.

I forgot about The Notwist, and they have a bunch of albums I’ve never heard:

Also this classic. Haven’t zoned out to this under heaphones on my bed for about 15 years. Uses to listen to it on long comutes in Japan

What is this subgenre called? It’s kinda dubstep but not shit. @bfk you’ll prolly know. Bass music?

Their label call it “bass music”.

As per their Bandcamp: “Wormhole music group is a new label from the fine folks that bring you Wormhole Wednesdays in Oakland, CA. Our goal is to push forward-thinking, next-level bass music sounds that defy genre and push boundaries. We stay trippy.

That reminds me a lot of what Onset Audio does. See: https://onsetaudio.bandcamp.com/music

Sounds like old school dub before skrillex. But with better mixing and sound design :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

You mean Benga? Reminds me a bit of Benga.

I remember when I first discovered Music for 18 Musicians, my first thought was ‘Ohhhh, I gotta get stoned and listen to this!’

Space bass in the West Coast of the States, UK Bass in England, Wonky Bass in Netherlands, Glitch Hop/Glitch Bass in Australia…

There’s tons of variations on it all now…

Got its own genre for a while on beatport …Letfield Bass

Think at one point I was making some, and posting ideas around here and was met with a lot of negativity…“what’s with this genre name?!!” “Fancy bs new genre…pfft it won’t last” etc etc etc…

Tons have gotten rather large in the market

.Eprom… Alix Perez… Aleph…Ivy Lab…Bleep Bloop …G Jones…ediT… Mr. bill…Aya Sinclair to name a few…

Some have even went as far as tobe haters and just say …

“oh thats just experimental bass”…
And now people like Thys…Amon Tobin are going to extreme and making tunes and saying… no this is experimental…

Be careful with the stuff.
.the elitist will come around and preach to you about…
Their opinions…

Wanted to edit to say… so many people hear some west coast bass stuff and go “oh thats just dubstep, innit?!?” Fvkn elitist

That must be a really old article…Wormhole (2012) is no way new…and not even sure if Wormhole wed is happening anymore…

I live in Oakland, been to plenty of nights there, played there, hung out with Alix, G Jones, Eprom, many others while it was going on

Saturated and Wormhole are rather large these days…

Newest of the supporting bass scenes these days would be Yuku or Renraku Global Media, but they’ve been around since 2016 I think…Rust music also is another big support group, also kids in Chicago Satellite Era are coming up…gotta also shout-out the homie Alix"s label …1985 Music

I haven’t listened to this in awhile, forgot it existed actually. I’m not cool enough yet to own the collection on vinyl but props if you do.

Interesting forms of guitar playing technique.

I had no idea Sunny Day Real Estate released a new song a few months ago. How did I miss that??

It’s fairly standard SDRE stuff, but I’m an old fan and I find this song quite lovely.