Users from the ol' idmf that you miss

@nose @Tsachi :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ahw guis thans for noticing

He did have the best nu disco though, which mightā€™ve been a tie with tuskle

Essenthyā€™s musical output was outstanding, we collab on a track and I was so impressed with what he could with my shit.

yup

I always will love that track. Fuckin bangin

That final drop!!!

I forgot how much animation you can feel. I still recognise some of my bits, but truly Essenthy was amazing.

That was intense! Powerful use of imagination. The rhythms are seriously visceralā€¦ mesmerizingā€¦ and the arch of the composition and drops masterful.

I joined the forum less than a year before the (you knowā€¦ the Big THING ā€¦ that didnā€™t happen) and donā€™t remember Essenthy, but so glad to have a taste!

@Auto-meh-geddon ā€¦ what ever part you played in that pieceā€¦ wellā€¦ Iā€™m impressed. :sunglasses:

Iā€™m about to load to Soundcloud an IDMf EXCLUSIVE UNRELEASED TRACK:
An unfinished collar between NoFloors and I.

And here it is, posted without Tritonā€™s permission of course!

There is a shorter version of this, around 2 minutes, maybe an older version, which I think sounds better, this track could have been a good dark techno track, no idea why we never finished itā€¦

Thatā€™s coolā€¦ this reminds of back in the 80ā€™s in the studio. Take a simple sound source on a tape loop and run it through a Slap Back echo on Record fed into and out of 8 successive mixer ports and then play with faders ā€¦ crazy unexpected heaven and hell could come forthā€¦ eventually the tape would start to degrade and you get this warm analogue version of a bit crush like distortionā€¦

Those were the daysā€¦

dudeā€¦it is literally the BEST Valentineā€™s Massacre associated thing to ever exist

wow anodyne was one of the people whoā€™s music I really enjoyed, and he was really sweet and helpful. All the best to him!

Iā€™m hurt :pensive:

Hi treeā€¦lol i remember idmfers more than I remember last week

good to see you sap how have you been

Damn I really miss that selena gomez / skrillex character. Whatā€™s his name?

Pretty sure thatā€™s Skycore.

Iā€™d expect being called raidenbeats before skycore but ok lol :joy:,

@Lug - chasing the dream lug, plus coming to terms dubstep might be dead :skull: ,

whatā€™s big in electronic music atm? I honestly donā€™t know what replaced dubstep. Back to house music?

With the sound design lifted from dubstep, it seems. But it doesnā€™t feel THAT big right now. Hopefully very fractured with opportunities for the obscure out there to get some real momentum behind some sort of ambient dance genre.