Metal

For me, one of the best metal albums in last decade. Most of tracks are fire

Disliked at first, but I like it after a few listens. Part where it slows down with Sid scratching is crazy.
Good olā€™ Slipknot

Been two weeks since a post in this thread.

Why is there literally no other deathcore album (a genre I really donā€™t even care for) that comes close to this masterpiece?

1:35 is fucking tasty

Also itā€™s grim to see covid-19 showing up on metal archiveā€™s RIP section already

The entire We Are Not Your Kind album is awesome. I really like it. I think itā€™s better the .5 The Gray Chapter. Also the Knot is kills live, saw them in concert two times this era, last time in february.

This band continues to evolve their unique style a little more with each release. I think once they lock it in fully theyā€™re going to acquire an actual fanbase. Maybe one day

dead thread, booooo

Kidney thieves any1

just discovered this hardcore black metal band from france, full of high speed blasts and dissonant guitars

One of the most brutal bands according to Phil Anselmo.:sunglasses:

What do you think?

They mention a lot of goth rock and like 2 metal bands :smiley:

There are definitely female grindcore and even brutal death metal vocalists, but you still have to dig pretty deep. Itā€™s still not really as common as magazines want to pretend, but it would be cool if that changed for people who care enough

Iā€™m not really sexist though; a good band is a good band, it doesnā€™t matter what gender is doing the thing

I remember being outside a squat in Milano in the late 90es and hearing a low guttural growl from inside so I went back in expecting the usual crusty dude, I was wrongā€¦
Abuso Sonoro were on stage and she was totally destroying it!

Back to the article above, Cristina Scabbia was a barmaid at a local metal pub in Milan, early Lacuna Coil days. I didnā€™t know here personally, but I remember a night when she explained a friend of mine how to kill one of the Ultima Weapons in FFVII.

I like metal with female vocals, but I think it gets a bit annoying to push ā€œlook Iā€™m a woman and Iā€™m a metal bandā€.

List is most likely about the mostly known ones.
I feel about both Sharon and Amy are just known for their fame that earned 15+ years ago. Within Temptation are pretty much in downfall since Hydra. Sharon is a bad singer live.
In This Momentā€™s older metalcore stuff was nice, I canā€™t stand the newer sexmetalbarbie stuff.
Lacuna Coil can release good songs nowadays, but I think pushing this melodeath too much does not really became my favorites. The old melancholic gothic ones were the lit for me. :slight_smile:
Tarja - I never listened to her NW stuff, never liked, but her solo stuff is better than her NW work for me. lol
Elyze Ryd - yes, how to sell this discometal. lol :smiley:
Butcher Babies - cookie cutter made nu-metalcore that sold with big tits.
I liked Floorā€™s voice in After Forever and ReVamp. I think it makes NW too rigid.
Alyssa - Arch Enemy was always overhyped.
Simone - I like how she realized that opera style does not fit to her voice. Maybe her voice is not the best, but definitely fits into Epicaā€™s music. Itā€™s always great to listen to Epica. Espicially the ones after Design Your Universe.

I miss from the list:
Charlotte Wessels (ex-Delain) - Too bad Delain split up. She has a really unique voice.
Jennifer Haben (Beyond The Black) - If you liked Within Temptationā€™s newer stuff, Epica and Delain melodic songs, you will definitely like this pop-symphonic metal band.

Didnā€™t spot there was a metal thread! I had posted this in another thread, but might as well pop it here too.

I donā€™t have many metal tracks in my playlists, but Iā€™ve got a few artists Iā€™ve come across that I like.

Stimpy Lockjaw - "Asteroids"
This is an amazing dark jazz metal track. Astounding musicianship. Most of their other tracks are too much for my tastes, but this one hits the sweetspot for me.

The guitar in the second half especially is brilliant!

Been jamming this on a daily basis lately. Itā€™s Mitch Harris, the guitar player of Napalm Deathā€™s solo project.

Great album

Deicide went and put out probably their best album ever recently.